08 November 2017

Celebrate! Through the Craft Room Door 3rd Annual Celebration Blog hop! - single layer card with a digi


Through the Craft Room Door 3rd Annual Celebration Blog hop!


This month is our Celebration Month and today we are starting our 3rd Annual Celebration Blog Hop filled with awesome inspiration and sponsor prizes.

The image I am using is “Celebrate” (mp152-DS4J) which is one of the prizes from our Sponsor DigiStamps4Joy.


WE HAVE 9 SPONSORS THIS YEARS OFFERING GREAT PRIZES!



Each stop on the blog hop showcases the sponsors and the great prizes. Make sure you leave comments on all the blogs for a chance at the prizes! Winners will be announced December 1st, 2017

Next stop on this hop is Cicci

Scroll down for the rest of the hop, if you want to start at the top or if you missed anyone.

Putting It Together

I was inspired by the simple elegance of the image to make a single layer card. Single layer with a digital image takes a bit more planning than with rubber or clear stamps.

I use Adobe Photoshop CS4 (I haven't upgraded in a while) to re-size and place my images, but other image editing software, like Gimp (which is free) can be used in similar ways.


To make a card that fits in an A2 envelope (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"), in Photoshop, I open a new file that's 8" x 10.5", 1/2" less than the size of the sheet of paper. I put the image into one quarter of the sheet.


When I run it through my printer, the image will be in the bottom quarter of the 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. The cardstock I'm using for this is 110lb. My printer can handle that or even slightly heavier cardstock (though sometimes with a bit of protest).


For this card, I want a top folding long card so I cut the cardstock sheet down the centre at the 4 1/4" mark. If I wanted a short card, I would cut at the 5 1/2" mark going the other way.


I score at the halfway point, at 5 1/2". If the card was oriented the other way, I would have scored at the 4 1/4" mark.


The strip is 4 1/4" x 11 scored at 5 1/2" with the digital image printed on one of the sides.


I fold on the store and then turn the card over on a clean surface to smooth down the fold from the back.


Ta da! A4, one layer card with a digital printed image.


I used a silver Gelly Roll marker to go over the lines.


This gave me a silver CAS image.


I stamped a sentiment (from Stampin' Up) in Brilliance Starlite Silver under the image. I left the inside blank so the card can be used for any type of congratulations. 




Other Challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Scrapping 4 Fun: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

TTCRD Blog Hop

Make sure you leave comments on all the blogs for a chance at the prizes! Winners will be announced December 1st, 2017

Next stop on this hop is Cicci

TTCRD HOME
Dots to Lines
Hema
Rijacki
Cicci
Sandra
Therese
Helen
Kimberly
Cara (1st)
Cara (2nd)
Jeanie
Joi
Deonna
Hayley


29 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Rijacki!!! HUGS Cicci TTCRD 💕💕😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great silvery congratulatory card, Rijaki! I've always tried to position my elements on a single layer card - sometimes I succeed, and other times I'm off a bit. Thank you for showing your process! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful!! Great card for so many celebrations!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really classy little card! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty CAS card :) Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card Rijacki ... Love it!
    (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this CAS card Rijacki!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Rijacki. Such a clever idea. I will have to try this out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely CAS card. they tend to make a statement xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial, too! Sending HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab CAS style card and lovely technique share:)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card gal!! TFS!! ((HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice tutorial, love the way you've made this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good tutorial...It took me a while to learn the image printed at the bottom and you had to put your paper in just right to get your card printed right!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card makes me smile Rijacki because it brings good memories. We don't drink so it's sparkling cider for us but I love hearing the bottle cork pop every new year. Can't believe it's just around the corner - wow. Very FUN card! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the CAS card and TFS a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the simplicity and elegance of this CAS:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great CAS card. I like the silver outline. Be perfect for New Year or a Wedding. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely CAS card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very elegant one layer card, Rijacki.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great CAS card and great blog hop at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ELEGANT card!
    Thank you for the fabulous tutorial ... looking forward to giving it a try, instead of adding panels to my card bases :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your CAS card! Really cool way to texture the card. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea, thanks for sharing how you made this nice CAS card with a digital image

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, elegant card! I find one layer cards a heck of a challenge, so thank you for the tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.