01 March 2018

No Bones - Prismacolor pencils


Woof! *mumble mumble* Woof! (Make no bones about it, you're awesome!)

This fun doggy card features a long retired Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp set coloured with Prismacolor pencils.

Putting It Together

This long retired stamps was one of the stamps in the very first "grab bag" I bought from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Such a cute canine on a caper.


I was intending to use watercolour but couldn't find my scrap bag and didn't want to use a full sheet. I did, however, find a scrap of Mi-Tientes on my desk so figured the stamp was asking to be coloured with pencil. I stamped the image with light brown to do a "no lines" technique.


I used various Prismacolor pencils to colour the image. I always keep track of what I use on a scrap of paper not just for blogging but so I can reference it later.


I used a stencil and blending brush with Distress ink (Salty Ocean) to add clouds and sky to the background. Quick upward flicks with the blender, starting on the stencil gives a soft fluffy look.


I looked in my stash of dies and found a perfectly sized stitched oval. One problem with using scrap to colour, I don't always have as much space for any die to fit.


After trimming with the die, I thought the grass looked a bit.. missing.


Quick long flicks with the green colours I used before filled in the rest of the grass.


In my stash, I have paper from Micheals with paw prints. I thought this would be a perfect background.


I used foam mounting tape on the back of the oval, small sections around the outside and strips for the centre to give a little dimension to the card.


I used a corner punch to round two corners before adhering the background and oval to a black card base.


Inside, I die cut a stitched rectangle from white soft finish cardstock (love the slightly pebbly texture of this cardstock) and stamped it with one of the sentiments from the stamp set. I added a strip of scrap from the paw print paper, rounding the corners with the punch.

When using a black or dark coloured card base, I like to add a white or light coloured panel to make it easy to add a personal hand-written sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Grass
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. So cute and sweet!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is a cute Image and love your fluffy cloud and lovely stencil you have
    lovely coloring and love your PAW paper too
    I did not found it here in Munich
    sweet card
    many thanks to joining us at ATSM this time
    hug
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!! that little pup is very sweet and that paw print paper is perfect!! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card! Thanks for the tip about blending int he clouds, I will remember that the next time I want to make clouds. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing your beautiful cards again soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute....thank you for playing with us this week at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Jill ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing the process for your cute card. Wonderful card with great paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNS Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your no-line coloring - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.