11 March 2018

KAB2 Cake - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, ombre, embossing


Woohoo! It's here! It's here!!

Today we are celebrating the 

amazing release of ALL of our 

NEW March Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!!

ALL THREE new sets are NOW AVAILABLE 
in the Krafty Shop!

So let's have a big happy hop around the design team blogs and check them all out in action! Grab a nice hot beverage, sit back and relax while you hop around and enjoy all the amazing creations!!
First up is


....then BIRTHDAY BIANCA....

and lastly....DINO-MITE PALS!

ALL the new sets are NOW available individually BUT if you HAVE to have it ALL, we also have our March Gimme Kimmies Kit which includes all THREE of the new sets together and at a discount! But only for a limited time and while supplies last!


For my card, I used the Kick Assy Birthday set which was part of the Surprise Birthday Kit. The kit also included several other wonderful goodies, some of which I used on my card.

So happy hoppin' and happy shoppin'! Kimmie also as other sets on sale, too, so don't forget to check the Specials section!

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps



Putting It Together

Before I started creating, I decided to make a creation with the cake, yummy yummy cake, and a purple ombre. I also wanted to use the embossing folder from the kit. The rest fell into place while I created.


I decided I wanted to try Nuvo embellishment mousse in the ombre, to see if I could blend the colours. I used the blender tool which does the mousse well. I used two colours, Royal Aubergine and Peony Pink, starting with each on one end of the panel and then crossing them in the middle.


But, the mousse dries so fast it's not easy to get a blend because the colours can't mix on the paper. You can do a pseudo blend by applying the colours softly over the middle area, switching from one to the other.


In the end, I found vertical swipes g more of  blended look for what I wanted. Oh.. and the colour change between the pictures, this one is tilted up to catch the light more fully which also picks up the metallic quality of the mousse. Flat on the table with the light at an angle, the colours look a lot darker in the picture than in real life.


After blending, I cut the panel into strips, trimming some from the top and bottom as well.


I put the strips into the embossing folder for the magic cool dimension. I cut them into strips first because it can be a real pain to try to trim embossing cardstock cleanly.


I dry fit the embossed strips with silver matting on a white card base and.. meh. It needed something more.


So... I covered a canvas textured cardstock panel with the Royal Aubergine. I applied the mousse heavily in layers with the blending tool to have a more even coverage. While I was at it, I also used the Pink Peoney on a die cut oval to use as matting for the cake.


I die cut translucent paper for the sentiment banner and a lacey oval as well as ovals for the cake. I dry fit all the elements one last time before adhering them together.


I only used tape runner to adhere the various paper elements. For the banner, I applied the adhesive to just the back of the folded area leaving the rest free. The double fold of the translucent paper was enough to hide the adhesive. I also added flowers from the kit with mini glue dots and gems from my stash. I also added a touch of orange metallic Gelly Roll marker to the flames on the candles. Not using foam tape between all the layers helps keep the card from getting too bulky to fit in an envelope or go through the mail. The thickness of the cardstocks and colour changes still gives the card visual dimension.


I used one of the sassy sentiments from the set for the inside sentiment as a bit of contrast to the pretty card front for a bit of a giggle. I also stamped the candle in the set, using two colours for a bit of detail.



Supplies


Challenges

Incy Wincy: Ultra Violet
Creative Moments: Feminine
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Girl Power
Pearly Sparkles: Flowers
Creative Craft Cottage: Make It Feminine
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Sieze the Birthday: Anything Goes

Blog Hop


Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate, what a fantastic background effect you've created with that mousse! Stunning! Beautiful colours and so perfect for that pretty birthday cake and those delicate white flowers above your sentiment. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, with so much lovely texture, Kate! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty in purple! Your background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and I enjoyed seeing your step-by-step process, Rijacki! I love all the shine and embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful background for your image! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, what an awesome card. I love the background panels and all the other great touches you've added to this card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Watercooler Wednesday "Feminine" Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the embossed-blended background strips. At first, I thought it is a glitter paper. I haven't tried the Nuvo Mousse yet but have seen videos using it. I always am impressed of its results. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Ultraviolet Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Kate - I love the stunning background! Thanks for sharing it at Incy Wincy Designs this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely in lilac! Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Moments Leona x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.