10 October 2017

Sleigh - die cuts and window card


Santa flies on his sleigh to bring presents around the world. On this glittery stripped paper from Tim Holtz, Santa and his sleigh are an Impression Obsession die set. Santa and the sleigh are on an open window which, on the inside of the card, is revealed to be not a moon but an ornament.




Putting It Together

Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada and I went out to take advantage of sales at my local scrapbooking shops. It's nice, and a bit of a change, using something on same day I buy it. 


I decided to use the new Santa Moon die from Impression Obsession to make a 'quick' Christmas card. I then thought about the Tim Holtz deco papers I bought earlier in the day and a card started designing itself.


Santa Moon is a cut out die for the sleigh and the first of the reindeer. This gave me the idea of doing a 'window' card. I used nested circles to cut a "moon", the hole in the glitter paper matted with green, the hole in the card base, and a frame around the open sleigh to sandwich between.


I adhered the sleigh and reindeer circle over the window on the card base.


I positioned the glitter panel's window over the die cut, leaving the sleigh and reindeer crossing the open window.


Inside, I added a scrap of gold cardstock as the topper for the ornament which shows as a moon in the window. I used removable adhesive to position the circle on the inside of the card front with permanent adhesive on the back.


When I closed the card, the circle transferred to the perfect place inside the card.


I decided to use metallic thread and a button. I put down a Glue Dot on the button and looped the thread across it. I put another Glue Dot over the threads to adhere it to the card.


I added the other reindeer and the button to the card, lining the reindeer up with the window one.





Supplies



Challenges

Impression Obsession: You're an Animal
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Christmas
Crafter's Cafe: Die Cuts
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas extra: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I love the pattern on the "moon" and how fun that it turns into an ornament on the inside!! Great way to use the santa/sleigh die, too! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.