10 November 2016

Santa Paws


Santa Paws is one of my favourite sets of the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps release in September. The little girl and her puppy with an antler headress is utterly adorable. I painted the image while waiting in the airport for my flight to board and finished up the card in the hotel room.

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Use Kraft Cardstock
Fab 'n' Funky: Get Krafty
The Paper Shelter: Christmas is Coming
Creative Craft Cottage: Christmas
Southern Ridge: Christmas/Winter
Crafty Hazelnu's Christmas Challenge extra: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Shine Bright Like a Diamond (bling)
Crafty Gals Corner: Use a Sentiment
The Crafty Addicts: Winter Blues
Painting in an airport while waiting for a flight
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies brought in luggage (augmented by a trip to Joanns *laugh*)

Supplies


Putting It Together

I'm the US visiting two sets of family that, of course, live in two different states. We had a day of flying between the two so I decided to do a bit of painting while waiting in the airport.


I put my watercolour pencils in a plastic brush tube in my carry-on and stashed my waterbrushes in the quart-size baggie of TSA approved liquids. I pre-stamped a few images on ight water colour paper and cut them into small panels to fit in a plastic baggie inside a red zippered bag, also in my carry-on. For the image in this project, it was stamped with Desert Sand Memento ink. 


I painted the image while I waited for out flight to board using the watercolour pencils and water brush. 


In the hotel, I fussy cut the image and added Wink of Stella to the bow, shoes, earring, and puppy's headdress. I added Glossy Accents to the nose and over the Wink on the antlers and earring.


I decided to use the Kraftin' Kimmie November sketch as the layout for the card.


Traveling comes with weight restrictions for luggage, thus I could not take my Big Shot. In making this card, I wanted to use the KKS November sketch, so I needed a partial circle. In the stash I brought with me, I had scrap from when I cut a circle for some project. I used that scrap to trace the circle on to the paper I wanted to use for the project.


I traced the circle on the back of the paper I wanted to cut and used scissors to fussy cut it.


The semi-circle scissor cut might not be as precise as a die cut, but in a hotel room 2 time zones away from home, it looks pretty good. Going old school *grin*


I dry fit the circle with the image on the sparkly blue background and kraft card base. The blue dots on the kraft have dimension I bought the card bases, kraft blue dot cardstock, and sparkly blue cardstock at Joanns after I got to Missouri (the second state on our trip). Everything else in the project was brought with me in either checked or carry-on luggage.


I adhered the sparkly panel directly to the card base and added a silvery-grey satin snow flake ribbon.


I added a sentiment to the front of the card, stamping on the sparkly blue panel after it was adhered to the card base. I used foam mounting foam to pop up the circle and the image. I added a bit of bling, too, with green rhinestones 


Inside, I stamped another sentiment and embellished it with presents and silver snowflakes.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, cute image thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage - Good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, love the image, it looks beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project - thanks so much for joining us over at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card one that the recipient will be very pleased to receive.
    Thank you for taking part DT
    http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card Rijacki! Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and lovely with the blue and kraft combo! I admire that you take your crafting stuff with you and really appreciate that you share with us how you make your cards! Thanks so much for being such a great fan of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and for sharing your beautiful work with us each week (sometimes more than once)! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.