05 November 2016

Fox Merry


Merry and Bright! Just the fox for the wishes of the season.

Challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday
Art Impression: Prep for Christmas
Crazy Hazelnut's Christmas challenge: Vintage or Anything Goes
Southern Girls: Pop It Up
Crazy Hazlenut's Patterned Paper challenge: Anything Goes
Crazy Hazelnut's Christmas challenge extra: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies brought in luggage

Supplies


Putting It Together

I love Becky Pearce stamp sets from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. This lovely fox is so cute.


I'm on vacation for two weeks, but how could I really be on vacation if I didn't bring crafting with me? It's what I love doing. But, since we crossed a border and a few state lines, I was limited in the supplies I could bring, of course. So, I had to think ahead to what I might want to make and bring various things I could use for those. Guessing what you might want to make for the next two weeks, a challenge on its own.

The days before we left for vacation had been too busy for me to work on a card for last week's KKS Saturday challenge, so, I thought I would try to put something together quick after we got home from the football game we had gone to with my family here. The game was my niece's high school vs their major rival. I didn't get the card done in time before the cut off on the challenge. Oh well, I will some day break the 30 min or less card creation barrier *laugh*



Everything dry fit together. I painted the fox using a stacked watercolour palette and water brush. I paired it with a die cut scrap I had stashed in the papers I packed and a panel from a Pebbles pad. I actually packed that paper with the intent to put it with the fox. The ribbon is one I got from Micheals a year or more ago. I'm glad I tossed in into my travel stash.

I had a bit of an issue in my packed supplies, my Festival Green Perfect Pearls leaked a little and got powder on other items. Of course it was the green because it has an incredible stay to its pigment. Handling the inks and other items in the same bag where I have the Perfect Pearls, it got the pigment on my hands which I transferred to the card base kind of finger print-y. I added more of the green to camouflage the boo-boo and also a spritz of Confetti White Perfect Pearls in water to fix the green and add a bit of background sparkle.

I popped the circle and fox up with foam mounting tape to add dimension.


The finished card. 


I added a gold sentiment: May Your Season be Merry & Bright

6 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps!
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a cute fox?!!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cute fox is one of my favorites! Your card turned out fabulous and I didn't see any boo boos! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges and Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute foxie! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Come back soon.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.