18 November 2016

Aurelia


One thing I really love about the Holiday season is the singing. I love music and singing and will admit to singing Christmas carols even during the summer if I am in a particularly good mood, though I'm just as likely to be singing Broadway show tunes then, too.


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Christmas with Non-traditional Colours
Creative Craft Cottage: Christmas
Penny's Paper-crafty: Christmas
Crafter's Cafe: Christmas
Scibbles Designs challenge: Happy Holidays
The Crafty Addicts: Winter Blues
Tuesday Throwdown: Add Gems/Pearls
The Paper Shelter: More then 1 of Anything (rhinestones)
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Painting in an airport while waiting for a flight

Supplies



Putting It Together

Our trip back home from vacation was fraught with all sorts of unexpected issues including a 4 hour layover in Chicago's airport. I was glad I had pre-stamped some images the day before before packing up my supplies and clothes and everything else. I was able to do some watercolouring in the airport while waiting for the flight to finally get us home.


I painted Aurelia using watercolour pencils and a waterbrush. With the pencil set in a 'brush tube', it keeps them contained and handy. Since a waterbrush holds its own water, there's no need to have a cup of water at hand. This makes for a very compact and portable painting set up as long as you have pre-stamped images or are painting free-hand. Unless you're doing a technique with a heavy saturation of water, the painting dries very fast and so minimises mess or runs. I will definitely be doing this again on any trip.


At home (ahhh home *smile*), I fussy cut the angel leaving a border to keep her notes. I also added Wink of Stella to her wings. 


Several weeks ago, as an experiment, I used a texture tile designed for clay work as a stamp on light card stock. I used lilac ink because I just wanted to see if the tile would work as a background stamp, but I liked the look of it so much I have been wanting to put it together with Aurelia for a while. 

As a background for the music panel, I used a wrapping paper I got while on my vacation. After taking this picture, I actually did cut a more 'even' piece for the final (and promptly forgot to take a picture at this stage with it, doh!). 

I used a dark blue card base to enhance the blues in the card.


Aurelia is adhered with foam mounting tape to give her a little dimension. I also added six lavender rhinestones from Recollections. 


Inside, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and embossed it with a sapphire sparkly powder. I also added a strip of the wrapping paper as an added decoration.



13 comments:

  1. Lovely card, cute image, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for sharing your Christmas card with us… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Happy Holidays’ challenge theme… Love the verse you have used on the inside of your card... hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]


    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Thank you joining us at Penny's Challenges.
    Hugs, Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely and what a great sentiment to go with the image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow super work in the face of adversity! :)Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Good Luck! :)
    Annabel - Crafty Addicts DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    <3 Emily L. - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours on this great project. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Rijacki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card. Thanks for joining The Paper Shelter.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable with the music paper.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so gorgeous! I LOVE the music paper behind her! Makes me want to sign Christmas carols! thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect sentiment for your lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Happy Holidays Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.