11 October 2016

Thinking of You


I absolutely love this Paperbabe fox stamp. I chose the fox to be the focal of my very simple but elegant Thinking of You.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in Canada, so I was spending more time on cooking and eating than creating *laugh* I am thankful for my wonderful sweetie who not only helped with the feast making, he also did all the clean up. He is a wonderful person who makes my life complete.

Challenges

Scribbles Designs Challenge: Woodland Creatures
Paperbabe: Anything Goes
Creative With Stamps: Sentiment

Supplies


Putting It Together

I put together this simple but elegant card in an amazingly short time, but I really love the look of it. Sadly, the challenge that inspired the form was already closed this morning when I began to write my post. Caught by time-zones again. Oh well, I am glad, though, for the inspiration because it made for a lovely card.


It all starts with the stamping. No wait, it started with cutting and scoring a top folding A2 card and then the stamping. I used three colours of the Memento Arizona Canyons set to stamp the fox and sentiment.

Cutting a top folding A2 is easy. Start with a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of fairly heavy card stock (at least 80 lbs, heavier if you'll be adding a lot of elements to the card). Cut down the centre of the long way of the sheet to make a strip that's 4 1/4" x 11". Score at 5 1/2". Fold on the score line and ta-da! Top folding A2. I'm not sure why there aren't any pre-made top folds, or maybe I just haven't found them.


To add the tape, I wanted straight lines so I used a t-square and drew faint pencil lines where the tape would go. These lines are easily erased later. (which I forgot to do before taking the 'finished' shots *laugh*)


I used a very thin tape, foiled diamonds, for a bit of sparkle. I ran the tape along the pencil line. It's easier to run them along a pencil line than to try to run them along the edge of a t-square.


I left the inside blank so this can be a card with a longer personal message.


Top folding cards have a nice look when standing upright.


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Rijacki! Love the beautiful fox image and your CAS design. Thanks for playing along at Creative With Stamps challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our Woodland Creatures challenge theme… the fox is gorgeous... hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]


    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean, simple and absolut wonderful :)
    Thanks for joining our challenge at "Creative with Stamps" this month,
    Eunice (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.