15 September 2016

Create


A single flower, a sentiment with deep feeling and shades of meaning, all made into a card.

Challenges

Less is More: Single Layer with a Flower
Can You Case It: Grey, Chartreuse, Flamingo
Simon Says Stamp: CAS
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

It's been a week of catastrophe for me. My tablet died and I use it all the time. Then the camera I use decided to fail as well. No clue what's wrong with it. My sweetie, who is usually quite adept at electronics, looked at it and can't get it to come back to life. I tried using the camera on my smartphone but it's quite awkward because it won't work on the tripod and so requires both hands to position and snap and all that. I tried using it on another post, but it's difficult. Then there's the old camera. It doesn't have any way to remote click and when connected to the computer it can't be used to take pictures (and an application which is supposed to work with it to remote click crashes my computer *sigh*). So, I have to blindly take pictures, then copy them to the computer to be able to edit them. The quality of the images is also considerably less. So... *sigh* Just as I felt I was reaching my stride with blogging creating, I am met with limitations.

I wanted to combine two challenges, both with limitations. The first, single layer with a flower and CAS. The second, 3 colours: grey, chartreuse, and flamingo. I also decided to use just one stamp set, the one which came with the Tim Holtz Watercolour Kit. 

Out of Limitations Comes Creativity

I think it turned out well. Slightly melancholy but fitting my mood well because of that.


I used the Misti for my stamping. I love the Misti! For the first stamping, I used 2 inks on the one stamp. I put Hickory Smoke on the centre (I forget what that's called) and Abandoned Coral for the petals.


I used Twisted Citron for the stem and leaf. I like the simplicity of the coloured line drawing.


I stamped the sentiment in Hickory Smoke to echo the flower.


Another sentiment from the set is also so fitting. But I felt the card front was a little plain. I sponged on Hickory Smoke with the blending tool for a bit of character.


And that, is that.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures. I don't know when I'll have a better camera again. I'll figure it out. Out of the limitations, I will find the creativity.

13 comments:

  1. How frustrating to have your tablet and camera die on you :( In the last 3 weeks we must have been twinnies because I lost my laptop, phone, hoover and car - hope you avoid the latter! Your card is lovely though. Such a pretty stamp and great colour choices. I love the Distress Ink blending round the edges too. Thanks for playing at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you come out of your losses, too. It always seems to come in waves, doesn't it.

      Delete
  2. This card turned out beautifully, despite all the frustration! I love the clean and simple look and beautiful use of the colors for CYCI this week! Thanks for joining our challenge! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I really like your clean and simple look! Thank for joining us this week at CYCI! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... love the simple design! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stamp is gorgeous and I particularly love how you kept is as just coloured outlineds. Super use of the distress ink too. How annoying for you to lose the use of your tablet and camera. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shading is wonderful and the card turned out beautiful. My tablet died a couple months ago. Have since tried 3 and returned them all. I'll stick with the laptop & Cannon!
    Hugs,
    Chris #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! Beautiful take on this week's sketch! I love your flower and your shading is well done...thanks for playing with us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful and simple design. Hope the techie troubles get ironed out - they can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say
      Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I hope you will join us again soon.
      Hugs
      Carol x

      Delete
  9. Fabulous creation, love the simple feel to it

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous CAS card Rijacki! The flower is so pretty & your inky background looks lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity and beauty of this card. Thank you for joining us at ATSM Challenges. All the very best. Nandini DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.